Forums

This topic is locked

Apache Server Problem

Posted 20 Mar 2004 04:45:55
has voted
20 Mar 2004 04:45:55 George Aguiar posted:
I have DreamWeaver MX V7.0. I also have installed on My Windows XP Home Edition Apache 2.0.48. I have created WebPages with DW with pulldown Menus. When I test them with iexplorer from within Dreamweaver the menus work fine. When I transfer the all the files to my local Apache Webserver, the Web Page appears fine but when I bring the cursor over the menu (link) nothing shows up (it is like it doesn't exist). Does anyone know if I have to install, (do anything) to the Apache Server? Also, I have pictures (thumb nails) on one of my Web Pages. I have the thumbnails on the Web Page. By clicking on the thumb nail picture I should get the picture enlarged on the screen. The Thumb Nail and the large picture are on the directory that iexplorer is trying to access but the large picture is not being displayed. Can anyone enlighten this problem? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Replies

Replied 21 Mar 2004 18:48:17
21 Mar 2004 18:48:17 George Aguiar replied:
Hello,

I downloaded a new version of Apache for Windows and now the link menus seem to work fine. What still doesn't work is the images. I have some Thumbnails along with the standard .jpg image files. When I click on the thumbnails the picture shows up enlarged but empty. I have this site done with FrontPage and it works fine (www.bocajr.com on an external web hosting company). I am trying to port to Dreamweaver, so I am trying it with a local Windows NT Apache Server. I don't know if this is a bug with Dreamweaver, or I am doing something wrong. Sometimes the images do show up but most of the time they dont't.
Any help appreciated.
Replied 22 Mar 2004 15:00:33
22 Mar 2004 15:00:33 George Aguiar replied:
I was wrong, the menus worked only once. After I closed the browser and came back in again the menus stopped working again. ANyone seen this situation?
Replied 31 Mar 2004 14:00:16
31 Mar 2004 14:00:16 Matt Machell replied:
It's unlikely anything to do with Apache. It's more likely that some dependent files were not uploaded when you moved the pages to the test server.

-Matt

Reply to this topic