Configuring Apache 2 and PHP 4 for Windows Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Dreamweaver php help

Asked 05 Apr 2004 21:38:50
has this question
05 Apr 2004 21:38:50 Joe JT posted:
I have aleady created a web site in dreaweaver using .asp pages. Now for a more secure site my boos wants me to run this new site using apache. Now apache will not run .asp pages with out chilisoft and I don not want to fork out the $$$ for it so I was told to convert my .asp pages to php and then it will run in apache. My question is how to do this and will it work with our alot of extra work. Please help, I am going nuts here.

Thank you,
Mustang Man

Replies

Replied 06 Apr 2004 02:51:56
06 Apr 2004 02:51:56 Paul Taylor replied:
There isn't an easy solution. PHP is a different (IMHO better) language than asp (I assume you are using VBScript ASP). Chilisoft ASP is a waste of time. Even if you get it to work, which I couldn't, it is only equivalent to ASP2, and it works better with JavaScript ASP than VBScript ASP, so you'd probably have to redo your pages anyway.

You are, unfortunately, going to have to redo your pages. Fortunately, most of the buttons and behaviors in Dreamweaver are in the same place for PHP as they are for ASP. I'm working on a second tutorial - how to install MySQL under Windows, so that you can use Dreamweaver to get a good system going. You won't regret it if you get to grips with PHP, and I recommend a book called "Dreamweaver MX: PHP Web Development" published by Glasshaus.

Reply to this topic