Free: Using Advanced HTML Editor to Create a Content Management System Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Make Connection with Mac?

Asked 18 May 2004 22:43:14
has this question
18 May 2004 22:43:14 Bill Easton posted:
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a connection to a SQL Server with a mac running OS 10.3? And then do this tutorial with DW on a mac? I've got a database set up on a SQL Server by one of the IT guys and I've used DW a thousand times to create dynamic content with MS Access, but I'd really like to use the SQL database, and I have no idea how to make the connection to the database with a mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Bill

Replies

Replied 18 May 2004 23:40:19
18 May 2004 23:40:19 Matt Machell replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a connection to a SQL Server with a mac running OS 10.3?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I've not used DW on a Mac in a while, but you should be able to make the connection as per normal. Just set up your remote IIS machine as the test server, and use the connection string provided in the article (filling in with your details as appropriate). You should be able to test the connection as you're creating it.

This technote: www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/dw_mac.htm might help if you need some pointers.

-Matt

DMX Zone Premium Content Author

Reply to this topic