Free: Using Advanced HTML Editor to Create a Content Management System Support Product Page

This topic was archived

database tabels

Asked 03 Aug 2004 21:22:23
has this question
03 Aug 2004 21:22:23 Darrin Moss posted:
I have purchased Advanced HTML Editor. I have started to work through the tutorial on how to set up an CMS. My question is, how to I create database tables without paying more money? I use a hosting company is this somthing they should know about? Like the other user, can I do this in Access? The answer you gave was a little over my head. You said, "so you'll need to use a memo (If I remember correctly) for the main news column and an autonumber for the id column."

Any help into this problem is greatly appreciated.

Replies

Replied 03 Aug 2004 21:47:24
03 Aug 2004 21:47:24 Matt Machell replied:
You can use Access, but it's a different database style, so things aren't the same.

Do you have Windows-based hosting? In which case you should be able to create a suitable database and upload it. Connecting Dreamweaver to an Access database is a tad more complex than with SQL Server, but a good intro article is available on Macromedias site at www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/database/connecting_to_isp/

(tutorial for Ultradev, but the principles are the same)

-Matt

DMX Zone Premium Content Author
Replied 03 Aug 2004 22:31:03
03 Aug 2004 22:31:03 Darrin Moss replied:
Thanks Matt, for replying so quickly. That link helps alot. Just another quick question would it be easier to develop the CMS in PHP?
Replied 05 Aug 2004 23:41:22
05 Aug 2004 23:41:22 Darrin Moss replied:
I have bee moving along very nicely. I just ran into a problem with the dropdown box and submit button in the news_add.asp. the tutorial is a little shot here. What other information do I need for the dropdown and submit button. Thanks Matt
Replied 07 May 2005 12:07:39
07 May 2005 12:07:39 Mana Media replied:
Hello Matt.

If you would like to try MySQl and PHP. Let me know and I can piont you in the direction of a FREE package that includes all that you need e.g. PHP 4.2, Apache Server for Windows, PHP MyAdmin.

Mana Media

Reply to this topic