Forums

This topic is locked

Edit SiteWide

Posted 29 Nov 2005 18:35:24
has voted
29 Nov 2005 18:35:24 Kristina Bradley posted:
Is there not some way to make my life easier by making changes sitewide that I'm missing?

For example I have a jpg on every page of my site that I now need to make into a link. Do I really have to go in and make the change on every page?

I was also looking for this kind of "edit sitewide" thing when I needed to insert metatags in every page.

Is there anything like this that I missing out on?
Kristina~

Replies

Replied 30 Aug 2007 08:36:19
30 Aug 2007 08:36:19 ollie jacobs replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Is there not some way to make my life easier by making changes sitewide that I'm missing?

For example I have a jpg on every page of my site that I now need to make into a link. Do I really have to go in and make the change on every page?

I was also looking for this kind of "edit sitewide" thing when I needed to insert metatags in every page.

Is there anything like this that I missing out on?
Kristina~
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Even though this post is old I needed to figure this out too. I ended up doing a find and replace in the html code section of dreamweaver. I found the line that included the image and replaced it with a line that included the image and its link to go to. Worked a treat but still was a little slow. Would anyone know an even faster way of doing this?

Reply to this topic