Forums

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver 8 (Studio 8) Bugs

Posted 15 Dec 2005 12:20:32
has voted
15 Dec 2005 12:20:32 Darren Bovis-Coulter posted:
Has anyone else been experiencing bugs in the latest release of Studio8 DW?

As well as browsing to files problems and DW8 entering the wrong path or wrong code, one of my pet gripes is the find and replace area. This was very powerful, but now if you do a Find All, and then go back to do a Replace All DW8 changes what you have just done a Find for.

I replace a whole bunch of code sitewide (I should have checked first I know) with wrong code as DW8 has a bug I am sure.

It also under IIS and php localhost seems to be continually bringing up a 'File Activity" box??

Also where has all the superscript and subscript features gone, plus they have removed all the special charcaters from the top??? Why would they remove the easy workflow?

Any thoughts?? Or are we going to have to wait for 8.1 for bug fixes?

Edited by - darren264 on 15 Dec 2005 14:12:37

Replies

Replied 26 Jan 2006 23:13:33
26 Jan 2006 23:13:33 james eastman replied:

As well as browsing to files problems and DW8 entering the wrong path or wrong code, one of my pet gripes is the find and replace area. This was very powerful, but now if you do a Find All, and then go back to do a Replace All DW8 changes what you have just done a Find for.

I replace a whole bunch of code sitewide (I should have checked first I know) with wrong code as DW8 has a bug I am sure.

It also under IIS and php localhost seems to be continually bringing up a 'File Activity" box??

Also where has all the superscript and subscript features gone, plus they have removed all the special charcaters from the top??? Why would they remove the easy workflow?

Replied 26 Jan 2006 23:14:07
26 Jan 2006 23:14:07 james eastman replied:
Yes, I have just loaded STUDIO 8 and the Find and Replace feature is crashing the program. I am pissed about it. The 8 release of the program and they don't have it tight.

Replied 19 Oct 2006 13:57:11
19 Oct 2006 13:57:11 Jason Hill replied:
If you have lots of data sets or complex sql shut the Dreamweaver Application panel. This will stop the re-caching of the db schema etc when you flick between design and code or make any minor page changes.

J4YDH

Reply to this topic