Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Extension Porblem from a Newbie

Posted 15 Jun 2001 20:42:49
has voted
15 Jun 2001 20:42:49 Kevin Johnston posted:
Hey all,

I have a small problem, that I know you will be able to solve quickly!

I am designing a site for a company, and in the near future they want to add a database. They are choosing ASP, but all my page extensions are in "htm" format.
Now, should I change all the extensions to "asp" or is there a way that all the pages can be HTM accept for the important ones, like the database, login page, etc...

Please help me!

Thanks,
Fleming

Replies

Replied 16 Jun 2001 00:08:08
16 Jun 2001 00:08:08 Viktor Farcic replied:
You don't need to transfer all pages to ASP, just those connected to DB.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey all,

I have a small problem, that I know you will be able to solve quickly!

I am designing a site for a company, and in the near future they want to add a database. They are choosing ASP, but all my page extensions are in "htm" format.
Now, should I change all the extensions to "asp" or is there a way that all the pages can be HTM accept for the important ones, like the database, login page, etc...

Please help me!

Thanks,
Fleming

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 18 Jun 2001 02:30:29
18 Jun 2001 02:30:29 Kevin Johnston replied:
Thanks for the quick reply, so basically when i create a link to lets say a login page that has the extension .asp , all i do is add that. For example (PAGE 1) index.htm create a link to the login page (PAGE 2) login.asp... I just want to be 100% sure that, i can mix the 2 extensions.

Thanks again.

Fleming

Replied 18 Jun 2001 17:48:09
18 Jun 2001 17:48:09 Viktor Farcic replied:
Exactly like that. You can use and mix whatever extensions your hosting supports (HTML, ASP, JSP, PHP). So, only limitation is your hosting.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Thanks for the quick reply, so basically when i create a link to lets say a login page that has the extension .asp , all i do is add that. For example (PAGE 1) index.htm create a link to the login page (PAGE 2) login.asp... I just want to be 100% sure that, i can mix the 2 extensions.

Thanks again.

Fleming

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic