Forums

This topic is locked

Readyhosting.com

Posted 22 Feb 2006 03:05:45
has voted
22 Feb 2006 03:05:45 Aaron Mr. posted:
Recently, Readyhosting.com has been purchased by a different company.

I purchased an sql database from them. They set restrictions so I can not access the database remotely. This means all my extensions such as DMX Zone Smart Mailer, Pure AspUpload, etc are all useless. I can not view the the tables or columns, for my sql database, when I create a recordset in dreamweaver. The hosting provider blocks any type of remote access. I've bugged them 3 times today to change the policy.

This is my long way around it. Create a database using Access and set it up on my computer. Create all the tables and columns. Add some information. Set the connection string to the dns on my computer. After I create the webpage I have to go to readyhosting's mylittleadmin and redo all the tables and columns and content. Then I have to change my connection string. Oh, great I forgot a column. Now I go back to access, create another column, update the webpage, then go to mylittleadmin, and the column, upload the webpage, and hope it works.

Is there anyone else that uses dreamweaver and readyhosting and just purchased an SQL database from them? Please contact them and voice your opinion. My SQL database that were migrated still work the old fashion way...unless they weren't migrated properly.

Is there anyone that can find an easier way around this problem?

Reply to this topic