Forums

This topic is locked

Sitewide link change How To Please

Posted 17 Jul 2006 01:12:28
has voted
17 Jul 2006 01:12:28 Greg Lampman posted:
Somehow, my nestled template HOME link changed from index.htm to indexold.htm. I can't get it to change back to index.htm. DWMX does not ask to update, and if it does, no pages update.

I am considering doing each page manually if I have to. I even deleted the indexold.htm link, and the pages do not update. So, I then tried changing the HOME link on the base template, no good either. I found the Change Sitewide Link component in DWMX ( I use 7.01), but am stumped exactly how to do this. Sorry for the stupidity here. There are two parts to that, and I'm not sure what to put on each line, if that will even do it. I think that is more for changing email links on every page it finds which meet a text script.

What I want is every page has a HOME link on it, (except Index.htm) and I want every pages HOME link to point back to the index.htm file. So, any help, I'm not java smart, so stumped. Gotta be a better way than manually, I've got 800 some pages.

Thanks much,

Greg
www.artistnartisans.com

Replies

Replied 12 Dec 2006 19:17:17
12 Dec 2006 19:17:17 Eileen Deremiah replied:
<font face='Courier New'>
Ctrl-F to turn on your find and replace.
Select "entire local site"
Select "source code"
enter indexold.htm into the find box
enter index.htm into the replace box (or whatever the link should be)
click "replace all"
After it's finished, be sure to upload/synch all the local files you just changed to your server.

</font id='Courier New'>

Reply to this topic