Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Error On Windows NT Need help please

Posted 21 Jun 2001 01:06:37
has voted
21 Jun 2001 01:06:37 Tony Trapp posted:
The problem that I am having is I am putting some asp pages on to a protected directory that is protected by a windows NT server. I had the administrator check all the permissions on the directory and everything is set perfectly, but when I type in my user name and password it wont let me in.
The asp pages and the database are both located in the protected directory and also the connection file is as well.
It does how ever have htm pages that I can access just fine but when it come to trying to access the asp pages it then asks me for my user name and password again and wont except it and wont let me in. This is the error I am getting.

HTTP Error 401
401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource

This error indicates that the credentials passed by the client do not have access to the particular resource on the server. This resource could be either the page or file listed in the address line of the client, or it could be another file on the server that is needed to process the file listed on the address line of the client.

Please make a note of the entire address you were trying to access and then contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have permission to access the requested resource.

Can anyone pleas help me and let me know what I might be doing worng?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to this topic