Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Authentication in IIS

Posted 22 Jun 2001 00:16:58
has voted
22 Jun 2001 00:16:58 Adam Kolodczak posted:
I am running a I have a list of users set up in IIS for my website. I would like to use a form to authenticate the users on the webpage itself, vs a pop up password window. Is there an easy way to do that with asp?

Replies

Replied 22 Jun 2001 02:29:16
22 Jun 2001 02:29:16 Viktor Farcic replied:
Use 'User Authentication' Server Bwhavior

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am running a I have a list of users set up in IIS for my website. I would like to use a form to authenticate the users on the webpage itself, vs a pop up password window. Is there an easy way to do that with asp?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 22 Jun 2001 20:04:14
22 Jun 2001 20:04:14 Adam Kolodczak replied:
Could you be a little more specific?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Use 'User Authentication' Server Bwhavior

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 22 Jun 2001 21:29:29
22 Jun 2001 21:29:29 Viktor Farcic replied:
Create DB table with fields User, Password, Permission. Use it with 'LogIn User' Server Behavior to check if user exists. Also, on all pages that needs to be protected put 'Restrict Acces to Page' SB. To find these behaviors click Window&gt;Server Behaviors, click on '+' sign in SB and go to User Authentication.

Could you be a little more specific?

Reply to this topic