Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

username and password question

Posted 22 Jun 2001 02:46:17
has voted
22 Jun 2001 02:46:17 Kevin Johnston posted:
Hey all,

Can someone help me out? I am building a web site for a company, and they want to be able to have the user sign up to the site, but it wants the "page" to randomly give the user a usename and a password. Anybody know how to do this using ASP? Also while i am here, i need to hide the "member section" pages from the site search engine, as well as a regular site engine, how would I do that?

Any advice, or tips I should read, would be extremely helpful!

Thanks all

Fleming

Replies

Replied 22 Jun 2001 16:21:48
22 Jun 2001 16:21:48 Viktor Farcic replied:
You can use tutorial from UDZone (www.udzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=561). Use part where is explained how to create random string and modify it a little.
As I know, search engines can not go to password protected pages.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey all,

Can someone help me out? I am building a web site for a company, and they want to be able to have the user sign up to the site, but it wants the "page" to randomly give the user a usename and a password. Anybody know how to do this using ASP? Also while i am here, i need to hide the "member section" pages from the site search engine, as well as a regular site engine, how would I do that?

Any advice, or tips I should read, would be extremely helpful!

Thanks all

Fleming

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic