Forums

This topic is locked

Images as background

Posted 14 Apr 2007 06:34:46
has voted
14 Apr 2007 06:34:46 Ly sing posted:
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forums and also new to HTML. I'm also not sure where to post this topic in so sorry if this was posted at the wrong category. I designed a layout and sliced it and then I saved it as HTML page with 'images' folder. Now, I open this layout in Internet Explorer to check it out and it loads very wierd. Can somebody tell me how to make the whole layout load at once instead of slices by slices? Also, would anyone mind teaching me how to type text over images WITHOUT moving them? Thanks in advance and sorry for those who don't understand me well.

Edited by - Ly sing on 14 Apr 2007 06:38:59

Replies

Replied 24 Apr 2007 15:35:40
24 Apr 2007 15:35:40 satheesh Dominic replied:
The Question shows your infancy in html....Ok no problem Nobody is born with Master Degree in HTML ! We will learn step by step..

The solution:

1. To load whole image without any break....Do not Slice the image!

Why the page loads slice by slice is because..there are so many image slices to load. You know in html when the browser starts drawing the contents contained in the html...it starts from top. When there are more images to load..it will start reading from first image or the lightest image so these images will load first in the browser...once the browser finishes reading other images it will disply them too..

Well, It is recommended to slice images into pieces if you are loading a big image because otherwise it will take a long time to load the page. So if the images are small the faster they load for this purpose you have to slice big pictures into pieces..do not worry if they are loading one after another.

How to increase the speed of page loading?
You can increase the loading speed by reducing the file size. For that you have to use as least images as possible. Try to use CSS to enhance your Design. Instead of using images you can use CSS classes to define the page properties.....

Go to www.w3schools.comfor more details about HTML and CSS. you will get the latest updations & information.

Type text on the images:
for that you have to call the images as a background & use css to define the text location on the html page. or try to type them from Photoshop itself.

I suggest you do it with help of "Adobe Dream Weaver" Software....

For further details will be explained at a latertime.

Edited by - satheeshkd on 24 Apr 2007 15:38:30

Reply to this topic