Forums

This topic is locked

Simple recordset query issue

Posted 07 Sep 2007 21:03:47
has voted
07 Sep 2007 21:03:47 Andrew Chatman posted:
Hi. I have Dreamweaver CS3. My website connects to a MySQL database. Everything has worked properly up until now.

I desire to buld a page that will display all records that have been populated in one of the tables in my database. I have 4 tables in the database. When I attempt to create a recordset to access the desired data, and then hit the test button in the recordset query dialog box, I receive:

"No Recordset was returned."

There are 236 rows of data in the table. The query that I create in the dialog box is:

SELECT *
FROM visitors

where visitors is the name of the table. If I replace "visitors" with the name of any of the other three tables, I get a valid recordset returned. These other tables have no more than 7 records in them. If I modify the original select statement to read:

SELECT *
FROM visitors
WHERE visitors.contactnum = 10

I get a valid one-record recordset returned. So it appears to be connecting properly to the database. It's just that for some reason, when trying to get all records from the table, it doesn't. Is there a count limit to getting a valid recordset returned? I'm a relative newbie, so I don't really know where to debug any more than I've already done.

Thanks. macnmotion.

Replies

Replied 07 Sep 2007 22:31:27
07 Sep 2007 22:31:27 Andrew Chatman replied:
Well, even though I get that message and can't "test" the query, the recordset works within Dreamweaver. Not sure if this is a bug in the "Test" function, or if I'm using it incorrectly, but anyway the functionality I need is there.

Thanks. macnmotion

Reply to this topic