Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

cross browser and cross platform compatible?

Asked 18 Mar 2008 14:21:34
has this question
18 Mar 2008 14:21:34 Louise Phillips posted:
<font face='Arial'>
I have created a scroller genie based page - draft can be viewed at www.equinox-group.co.uk/dev/pr/ - but my customer uses Mac and tells me the scroller doesn't work in either Firefox or Netscape on Mac.

Can you please tell me if there is anything I need to add to the scripts, or confirm or deny that the scroller is compatible with these browsers?

Thankyou
LouPhi
</font id='Arial'>

Replies

Replied 18 Mar 2008 15:24:13
18 Mar 2008 15:24:13 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
The scroller should work just fine on Mac as well.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 25 Mar 2008 19:53:55
25 Mar 2008 19:53:55 Tim Pollard replied:
Hi

I have the same problem. I use Scroller Genie mainly for sliding layers without any controls. See www.mashmedia.net for an example which works fine in IE and Firefox for PC and for Firefox on the Mac - but not Safari. Using Safari there is no layer visible and no slide effect. Opera 6 Mac shows the layer way out of position and static. Opera 9 Mac gets it nearly right, but with the sliding layer slightly too high - maybe 20px out.

I have just done a new site using Scroller Genie to create a ticker tape effect (couldn't use the many javascripts available as content is being drawn from a db) which again works in everything except Safari. This is on www.mmdltd.com (or will be in 10 mins when I've uploaded it).

Any help gratefully received.

TP

Reply to this topic