Forums

This topic is locked

Java Script Error - New Version of Advanced HTML E

Posted 22 Jul 2008 19:06:51
has voted
22 Jul 2008 19:06:51 Ken Holmes posted:
I am using CS3 on Vista Business.

After I upgraded to Advanced HTML Editor 2.0.7 I now have a problem. When I try to use it I get the following error message

-------------------------------------
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
Unable to open script file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Scripts\dmxFuncLib.js" (error 3).
-------------------------------------

The folder "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\shared\" Exists, but does not contain the DMXzone folder or any below it.

I uninstalled and re-installed several times. Deleted the Winfilecache.

Uninstalled 2.0.7 and re-installed 2.05. When you restart Dreamweaver, the registration screen comes up to enter the serial number, but it is blank. Clicking next takes you to the next screen, but it too is blank.

Uninstalled 2.05 and re-installed 2.07. The registration screens are now populated, but this produces the error again.

Installing the 2.0.7 has essentially left me without the Advanced HTML Editor.

This is an urgent situation that I am sure is not restricted to just me as I see other posts with the same error.

Can we get some answers to this.

Ken

Replies

Replied 31 Jul 2008 07:38:13
31 Jul 2008 07:38:13 Ben Clark replied:
I, too, am having this exact same issue on Windows Vista Ultimate. I am unable to locate the folder "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\" on my computer as well. What's Up??? Need some kind of fix on this, please. The file "dmxFuncLib.js" is not on my computer, however, I do have the file "dmxFuncLib102.js" which is located at "C:\<USERNAME>\AppData\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Scripts\."

Reply to this topic