Forums

This topic is locked

AdvHTML Editor 2.0.9 Path Problems

Posted 21 Oct 2008 13:55:01
has voted
21 Oct 2008 13:55:01 John Epson posted:
Hi there,

I have had this problem for several years now and I am afraid I am going to go postal if I can't find a solution soon.

When I place the editor on my page (at times) it works fine, and at other times (when I save), the paths to the supporting files for the Editor become messed up.

I have had this problem so long, that I have changed just about everything that could possibly be causing the problem.

1. I ran the editor on my old laptop (WinXP with Macromedia 8)
2. I now run the editor on my new laptop (Vista with CS3)
3. Various hosts.
4. Various projects with different path structures.

Here is what happens.

I put the editor on the page. Everything looks ok.
But when I look at the code, instead of seeing this

/* BEGIN Advanced HTML Editor */
var BaseURL = "../../";
/* END Advanced HTML Editor */

and

<script language="JavaScript" src="../../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLLang.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="../../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLEdit.js"></script>

I see this

/* BEGIN Advanced HTML Editor */
var BaseURL = "../file:///s|/gsblive/";
/* END Advanced HTML Editor */

and this

<script language="JavaScript" src="../file:///s|/gsblive/ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLLang.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="../file:///s|/gsblive/ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLEdit.js"></script>

Which is in a way correct (the files for this project are stored in s:\gsblive\) but even when I am working local on my computer c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ I still get similar results from time to time.

The worst part about it is that even if I edit the code manually to fix it, the moment I save the file in dreamweaver, the paths will return to the broken paths as shown above. It then means that I have to re-edit the pages in Notepad to make them go correctly. And each time I do as much as an icon move or something silly.. I have to remember to give fix the paths again in notepad. As I am sure you can imagine this is very annoying.

As I am sure you can imagine, by now, I have tried almost everything.

I have (like I said) - changed computers, changed OS, changed versions of the Macromedia / Adobe software, tried various versions of the extension, tried working in different locations, tried setting up "my sites" in a different way.. and for no love or money can I find a way to deal with this problem.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it doesn't always happen. Some times I can work for days without this happening.. and then suddenly it will start..

Please help. I am going insane!

Thanks

Steve

Classic ASP | SQL Server 2000 | Various Version of IIS | Various Versions of the Editor | Various Versions of Dreamweaver

Edited by - step4tac on 21 Oct 2008 13:59:10

Reply to this topic