Smart Image Processor ASP 2 Support Product Page

Solved

SIP2 path problem

Reported 26 Apr 2012 21:01:12
have this problem
26 Apr 2012 21:01:12 Robert Iveson posted:
Hello. MY 1and1 server has recently been upgraded to run IIS7.5 and since then, none of my SIP image resizes work. I have upgraded to the very latest versions of ASP Upload and SIP. ASP.NET is installed, Permissions all correct etc.

Uploading an image is fine, and SIP works if the image is in the SAME folder, but doesn't work when it's in a path such as "../images". Virtual folders do not work, either.

An example can be seen here: www.gener8solar.com/cms/formuploadb.asp?sipdebug=true . The error claims the image cannot be found, yet the image does exist at the location specified! I have about 10 websites that have all gone down because of this issue and I'm beginning to get a little desperate for a fix! I can't help thinking it may be an ASP.NET user/permission problem, but unfortunately I have no control over advanced permissions as it is a shared server.

Hope you can help! Thanks!

Promoted Solutions

Replied 02 Jul 2012 14:26:48
I just thought I would share my experience with this similar issue.

I just bought this upgrade the other day to my previous version of SIP I've been using for 6 years and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it was working on one site hosted at Domain.com but not another site hosted on 1and1 then I found this solution posted by Adam Reed and lo and behold, it worked!

What I did was take everything between the <system.web> tag found on the Web.Config file posted at www.dmxzone.com/go?16111 link and appended it to my Web.Config file just above the closing </configuration> tag. Worked like a charm!

Replies

Replied 23 May 2012 01:43:00
23 May 2012 01:43:00 Adam Reed replied:
Hopefully this will help you too. I was having similar issues with the multi-upload and SIP with 1and1.com. all the sudden my sites stopped working. Added the WebServices section in this post to the web.config and it began working again: www.dmxzone.com/go?16111
Replied 02 Jul 2012 14:26:48
02 Jul 2012 14:26:48 Andy Laverdiere, Jr. replied:
I just thought I would share my experience with this similar issue.

I just bought this upgrade the other day to my previous version of SIP I've been using for 6 years and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it was working on one site hosted at Domain.com but not another site hosted on 1and1 then I found this solution posted by Adam Reed and lo and behold, it worked!

What I did was take everything between the <system.web> tag found on the Web.Config file posted at www.dmxzone.com/go?16111 link and appended it to my Web.Config file just above the closing </configuration> tag. Worked like a charm!

Reply to this topic