Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

how to bring up authentication box

Posted 14 Jul 2001 11:07:41
has voted
14 Jul 2001 11:07:41 S N posted:
how to bring up network login box, similar to that which comes up during basic authentication process, through ASP code.

Replies

Replied 15 Jul 2001 00:40:02
15 Jul 2001 00:40:02 Joel Martinez replied:
you should be able to set the authentication in IIS on the directory in question, then when a request is made to the page, the login box will apear...
I believe that there's no way of doing it through pureASP...

Joel Martinez

----------
Is this thing on?....
Replied 15 Jul 2001 19:16:04
15 Jul 2001 19:16:04 S N replied:
even if i use this kind of authentication box, i dont want to use the list of windows users to authenticate a user. i want to have my own MS access database, which can be used to authenticate a user, through the same login box that i had referred to.
is it possible?
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
you should be able to set the authentication in IIS on the directory in question, then when a request is made to the page, the login box will apear...
I believe that there's no way of doing it through pureASP...

Joel Martinez

----------
Is this thing on?....
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 16 Jul 2001 13:52:08
16 Jul 2001 13:52:08 Joel Martinez replied:
hmm, unfortunately no, database logins usually (well, pretty much always) use web forms to take the input and all...

but if you really want to get fancy, you can use some DHTML to make a layer popup when the user clicks on the link to login, you can make this layer look like whatever you want (including the ISS authentication box)

just an Idea.

Joel Martinez

----------
Is this thing on?....

Reply to this topic