Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Baffled!!

Posted 17 Jul 2001 17:36:23
has voted
17 Jul 2001 17:36:23 Andrew Watson posted:
Im just starting to build an asp application in interdev. I can confirm my data source is OK and connecting fine, however i have a record insertion form, when submit is hit, the following error occurs:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Can anyone help? ive got write permissions to the database. There is nothing called or refered to as 'unknown' anywhere i can find.

Cheers if you can help, im sure its a piss in the park to you fellas!!!

Replies

Replied 17 Jul 2001 19:54:14
17 Jul 2001 19:54:14 Joel Martinez replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Im just starting to build an asp application in <b>interdev</b> <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

hmm, well, this being a Dreamweaver Ultradev forum and all, I guess we can still try to help...
-If you're building the application on your machine, then you might have the access db open... ADO doesnt' like that.
-if the database is on the server... I'd say to make sure to close all connections after you're done with them, but I don't know exactly how interdev works

hope some of that might help,

Joel Martinez

----------
Is this thing on?....
Replied 18 Jul 2001 02:50:34
18 Jul 2001 02:50:34 Andrew Watson replied:
Many Thanks Anyway Joel, but i got it sorted! It was so simple that im a little embarassed i posted a question!!!!!The database wasnt contained in the inetpub... folder, i put it there and all is ok!!!
couldnt see the wood for the trees
sorry to waste your time, but thanks anyway.

Reply to this topic