Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Dynamic Menu

Posted 17 Jul 2001 18:30:37
has voted
17 Jul 2001 18:30:37 Bryan Who posted:
OK, Here is an issue, I am tring to create a data entry page. Pretty easy right? I thought so too. but my question is I have a Dynamic menu in the form so that when I add a City to my city table the form wil be up dated also. First question is does that work. If it does then I do have a issue because when I try to fill out the form a press the Submit button I get this...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.

/music4travel/radio.asp, line 90

Now it is not working even if I have the city set as text field. What other info do you need so that I might be able to get past this hurdle.

thank you in advanced

Alright lets try this again

Replies

Replied 17 Jul 2001 20:51:21
17 Jul 2001 20:51:21 Bubba Joe replied:
This is what I found out about the error message from Macromedia site
<b>Reason</b>
This error typically occurs due to a conflict that results when "reserved words" or symbols are used to name a field, object, or variable name within a database. Most databases have a set of these "reserved words" which have meaning to the database engine because they may be used to identify built-in functions or keywords.

<b>Solution</b>
Avoid using reserved words such as "date", "select", "where" and "level" when specifying field names. It is also important to eliminate spaces and special characters. Examples of special characters include:

<b>. / * : ! # & - ? </b>

Replied 18 Jul 2001 05:33:11
18 Jul 2001 05:33:11 Bryan Who replied:
Great thanks!
I should of known because I am a hypen Monster. I have about three or four fields that have hypens and one of my tables that has a hyphen too.

Thank you again and great site!

Alright lets try this again

Reply to this topic