Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

mystery CDONTS mail problem

Posted 31 Jul 2001 19:48:06
has voted
31 Jul 2001 19:48:06 Derek Lofgreen posted:
I have been making forms on our intranet that let people make requests and then it gets emailed. I have two web services running, one is the "live" service and the other is the "development" service. When I write my code for sending an email in the Development service it works fine until I copy it over to the live service. Then they both break. I don't get an error, all it does is puts the mail straight into the BadMail folder. Here is my code:

<% @LANGUAGE = VBScript%>
<% option explicit%>
<%
Dim Emfrom
Dim Emsub
Dim Emto
Dim Embody

Emfrom = "ION BioForm"
Emsub = "bio form"
Emto = " "
Embody = "Name:" & Request.Form( "name" ) & vbcrlf & "Title:" & Request.Form( "title" ) & vbcrlf & "Job Discription:" & Request.Form( "jobdescription" ) & vbcrlf & "College/University:" & Request.Form( "college" ) & vbcrlf & "Degree:" & Request.Form( "degree" ) & vbcrlf & "Certificates:" & Request.Form( "certificates" ) & vbcrlf & "Work History:" & Request.Form( "workHistory" ) & vbcrlf & "Honors:" & Request.Form( "honors" ) & vbcrlf & "Other:" & Request.Form( "other" )

Dim ObjCdo
Set ObjCdo = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail"
ObjCdo.From = Emfrom
ObjCdo.Subject = Emsub
ObjCdo.To = Emto
ObjCdo.body = Embody

ObjCdo.send

Set ObjCdo = nothing
%>

Any help would be appreciated.<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>

Replies

Replied 31 Jul 2001 20:53:36
31 Jul 2001 20:53:36 Joel Martinez replied:
I've never understood that problem, but the only time that I've had the issue is when we were in the beginning stages of launching a website...
they all go into the badmail folder, until the sending Email address is set up on the server... now unfortunately, I've never been a part of That process, so I wouldn't know how to "set it up".

see if the sending email address is a valid one, and that should fix it.

Joel Martinez

----------
Is this thing on?....
Replied 31 Jul 2001 21:53:09
31 Jul 2001 21:53:09 Derek Lofgreen replied:
That was it! I was using the wrong From address. Thanks alot.

Replied 01 Aug 2001 02:21:57
01 Aug 2001 02:21:57 Waldo Smeets replied:
It is a restriction that can be set in the mail server to only accept 'from' with the own domain name or something like that. George once told me about it but I do not have more insight information.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic