Advanced HTML Editor 3 Support Product Page

Implemented

Does it work with Adobe Developer Toolbox?

Shared 29 Mar 2011 15:12:52
likes this idea
29 Mar 2011 15:12:52 tony dolce posted:
Hi all,
I'm currently using ADDT with DW CS4.
I'm currently using FCKeditor 2.6 as a WYSIWYG editor in the dynamic forms.
Does your HTML Editor 3 work with ADDT forms?
TIA
tony

Official Response

Replied 05 Apr 2012 14:10:54
Hello All,

The latest version of Advanced HTML Editor 3 has the following option integrated:
  • Added support for dynamic editor name attribute for support with ADDT

Replies

Replied 26 Feb 2012 17:12:25
26 Feb 2012 17:12:25 AK Tom replied:
Teodor,
This is not only about support for ADDT, but for any forms that use dynamic form element names.
It is not uncommon to use php to dynamicaly generate form element names and ids
for example:
<input type="text" name="textfield_<?php echo $counter; ?>" id="textfield_<?php echo $counter; ?>" />

In this scenario, the extension fails to generate the correct code. Its not hard to modify it by hand after the fact, but then it is not a recognized server behavior, so you are unable to re enter the wizard.

This problem exists with a number of your extensions, and it seems to me, it would not be a terribly difficult fix, and a worthwhile one at that.
What are your thoughts?
Tom
Replied 26 Feb 2012 17:35:16
26 Feb 2012 17:35:16 George Petrov replied:
yes, i wondered actually if support for dynamic names is so important why you don't just enter it in code view? ofcorse you should do that as last step as the wizard won't run correctly afterwards.

Greetings,
George
Replied 26 Feb 2012 17:44:24
26 Feb 2012 17:44:24 AK Tom replied:
George,
That is exactly what I do. However, once done, the wizard cannot be re entered, say if you wanted to change toolbars, or add something to the html editor instance. In that case, I can go in, and delete the changes I made in code view, re enter the wizard, make the changes, then go back into code view, and re-add the php code.

Its a little messy, but not a huge deal. I was just thinking you are always looking for ways to improve your extensions, and that would be one way.

However, not being an extension writing guru, I have no idea how difficult it is to get the wizard to recognize php code in element names and ids.

Like I said, its not a big deal, but if it were an easy change, it would make things a little easier.

Thanks for listening
Tom
Replied 05 Apr 2012 14:10:54
05 Apr 2012 14:10:54 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello All,

The latest version of Advanced HTML Editor 3 has the following option integrated:
  • Added support for dynamic editor name attribute for support with ADDT
Replied 26 Apr 2012 14:01:20
26 Apr 2012 14:01:20 tony dolce replied:
Thanks Teodor,
this is a good news.

tony

Reply to this topic