Forums

This topic is locked

partially trusted callers

Posted 16 Sep 2006 10:38:19
has voted
16 Sep 2006 10:38:19 Dick Medema posted:
I have build a site in dreamweaver in ASP.NET and now have a problem with ASP.NET 1 to 2, the problem is when i make a dynamic .net site with dreamweaver and I upload it to the server of my provider and the server have the configuration of .net 1 its very fine, but my provider also have servers with .net 2 and then work the asp.net code no more.
The error i get =
<b>
Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Source Error: </b>

Is there someone how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Dick Medema

Replies

Replied 28 Sep 2006 15:29:09
28 Sep 2006 15:29:09 Vince Baker replied:
Not sure if you are still having the problem but here is an extract I found online that may help

server machine.config is the file you need to open to check,

- &lt;system.web&gt;
- &lt;securityPolicy&gt;
&lt;trustLevel name="Full" policyFile="internal" /&gt;
&lt;trustLevel name="High" policyFile="web_hightrust.config" /&gt;
&lt;trustLevel name="Medium" policyFile="web_mediumtrust.config" /&gt;
&lt;trustLevel name="Low" policyFile="web_lowtrust.config" /&gt;
&lt;trustLevel name="Minimal" policyFile="web_minimaltrust.config" /&gt;
&lt;/securityPolicy&gt;
&lt;trust level="Full" originUrl="" /&gt;
&lt;/system.web&gt;

Regards

Vince Baker
<strong>DMX Zone Manager</strong>

[VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | AS400 | ERP Logic | Hosting]
Replied 28 Sep 2006 16:08:43
28 Sep 2006 16:08:43 Dick Medema replied:
Hello Vince, Thanks for your answer, I had also already found myself this on Internet and I recover then the next error back from the server.
<b>
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using &lt;location allowOverride="false"&gt; from an inherited configuration file.

Source Error:

Line 13: &lt;compilation debug="true"/&gt;
Line 14: &lt;pages validateRequest="false"/&gt;
Line 15: &lt;securityPolicy&gt;
Line 16: &lt;trustLevel name="Full" policyFile="internal" /&gt;
Line 17: &lt;trustLevel name="High" policyFile="web_hightrust.config" /&gt;
</b>

Again thanks for answer,
Dick Medema
Replied 23 Oct 2006 02:34:38
23 Oct 2006 02:34:38 Ron Gallagher replied:
Hello,
I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem?

I have struggled with the same issue because of ASP.NET 2.0 trust levels. I was trying to create a ASP.NET site that used a simple Access database (datagrid in the site to display only) and on my shared hosting I was unable to get to work.

The only solution was to move to an ASP.NET 1.1 server. One other option was to move to a "Full" trust server with 2.0 but that was not recommended by the hosting company.

Is Macromedia Dreamweaver working on a fix so that the datasets and connections will work with ASP.NET 2.0... or what did you find?

Thanks!

Reply to this topic