Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Fatal error: call to undefined function?

Posted 16 Sep 2001 09:56:39
has voted
16 Sep 2001 09:56:39 Stephen Cox posted:
I'm on a RAQ4. Just updated my php to version 4.06. Now, none of my sites work. But, phpmyadmin does work.I installed phpmyadmin outside of UD. Anyway I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /home/sites/site5/web/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 85. I

But, it seems to work fine locally. I'm running PHP 4.06 locally and everything is fine. So there must be something in the setup? register_globals is set to on.... I can't think of anything else. Any ideas?

Stephen Cox
web.net geek for nonprofits and political campaigns.

Replies

Replied 16 Sep 2001 15:14:50
16 Sep 2001 15:14:50 Tim Green replied:
Yep. The problem is when you install a new version of PHP like this on a Linux box is that you will also have to install PHP with MySQL support too.

When you are running PHP 4.06 on a Windows box, MySQL is pre-compiled into the Win version of PHP, so you don't really notice. But the default binaries for PHP for Linux boxes don't have this.

Have you installed from RPM ? Or have you used a RAQ package ? Either way you are going to have to look for the new MySQL libraries and install those too to get it to work.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 16 Sep 2001 16:48:31
16 Sep 2001 16:48:31 Stephen Cox replied:
Thanks I got it. Now I have another problem which is a little strange.

I get this error: Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/sites/site5/web/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 85 when trying to connect to a mysql databse using the JDBC driver. However, trying to connect to the same database using ODBC does not generate this error. I have already checked the passowrds and they are correct.

Stephen Cox
web.net geek for nonprofits and political campaigns.
Replied 16 Sep 2001 18:02:36
16 Sep 2001 18:02:36 Tim Green replied:
I know this error of old, and indeed it points to there being an error in either the username or password.

There is something else that it could be though. I notice that the error you are getting is mentioning The problem is though I suspect that it shouldn't be localhost.

Therefore I must conclude that you are using the word localhost as your MySQL server address in the connection.

Try using either the IP of your server, or the fully qualified hostname (ie: myhost.com). Hopefully this should work.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic