Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Ultradev/Phakt error message

Posted 21 Sep 2001 18:47:02
has voted
21 Sep 2001 18:47:02 David Fee posted:
I'm using Ultradev with Postgresql and the Phakt extension. I get an error message that says "While executing generateDynamic Source Bindings in recordset.htm, a javascript error occured." For starters, I'm not using javascript. Also, a created a simple recordset that says "select * from table." This recordset worked several times, but suddenly this error messgae occured and now I can't expand the recordset in the data bindings window. Does anyone know what caused this? Is a Phakt or PHP error?
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Replies

Replied 22 Sep 2001 14:14:05
22 Sep 2001 14:14:05 Bruno Mairlot replied:
This message is most probably a Phakt error.

Usually you'll have these messages when an error occured while UD is executing the code of the extension (recordset in this case).

Does this error happens now every time you're using it ? Or just for this recordset ?

Have you tried deleting Phakt, then reinstalling it ?

And final question, do you have the last Phakt release (v1.0.1 I think, but Rawveg could confirm, if I'm wrong)

Bruno

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi
Replied 22 Sep 2001 20:36:30
22 Sep 2001 20:36:30 Tim Green replied:
Indeed the latest version of PHAkT is v1.01 (though v1.02 is due for release anytime soon).

Now to the problem. The "While executing generateDynamic Source Bindings in recordset.htm, a javascript error occured." might have occurred for a number of reasons. This error could well be caused because a code remnant exists in your page, or something isn't properly being recognized.

Before removing PHAkT, I would recommend that you remove the Recordset itself and then reapply it. If this doesn't work then you might need to look at reinstalling PHAkT.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 22 Sep 2001 20:47:25
22 Sep 2001 20:47:25 Bruno Mairlot replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Now to the problem. The "While executing generateDynamic Source Bindings in recordset.htm, a javascript error occured." might have occurred for a number of reasons. This error could well be caused because a code remnant exists in your page, or something isn't properly being recognized.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

From my experience, while developping C-Level extension, this particular message, which in itself doesn't say anything interesting, happens very often if your C-code doesn't handle properly return value.

Phakt isn't developped in C, but it makes me think that, this might be a very particular bug where Phakt my call a JS function in a way that souldn't...and then the C-code from MM javascript engine, doesn't handle this correctly.

Usually JavaScript error that happens are more documented. MM tells you that something hasn't such properties, or is not defined, or whatever. But the message : "A Javascript error occured" is very rare.

Bruno

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi
Replied 24 Sep 2001 16:38:55
24 Sep 2001 16:38:55 David Fee replied:
Thanks for the tips. I tried deleting the recordset and creating a new one, but that didn't work. I tried to reinstall Phakt 1.0.1, but that didn't work either. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver and reinstalled the extensions. When defining my site, I get a message that says "Access to \_notes\dwSiteColumnsMe.xml was denied." What causes this error. The permissions allow everyone to read and write this file. There are only two of us saving pages to this site.
Thanks again,
Dave

Replied 25 Sep 2001 12:58:53
25 Sep 2001 12:58:53 Tim Green replied:
Hi Dave,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
When defining my site, I get a message that says "Access to \_notes\dwSiteColumnsMe.xml was denied." What causes this error. The permissions allow everyone to read and write this file. There are only two of us saving pages to this site.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Sorry, but this is an unrelated question, and as this is a PHP specific forum, you'll probably get more joy from the UltraDev board. Unfortunately I don't have any experience using UD in a shared environment, so I've no idea why you are getting this problem.

I hope that once you've sorted this problem out though, that your PHAkT troubles are also resolved, but please keep us posted !

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic