Forums

This topic is locked

MS Access db OFFLINE -> SQL7 Online

Posted 23 Sep 2001 18:39:02
has voted
23 Sep 2001 18:39:02 Steve Johnson posted:
Anyone know of a tutorial or even a conversion utility for adapting an offline MS Access database to SQL. Ideally, I'd like to use UD to make this database into a web-based application. Thanks!

Replies

Replied 23 Sep 2001 22:04:59
23 Sep 2001 22:04:59 Viktor Farcic replied:
You can import tables from Access to SQL easily. As I know, you'll need to create indexes, primary keys, relationships and views (queries) again. I think that Access XP has some nice new features relating Access/SQL Server integration. Maybe that can help.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Anyone know of a tutorial or even a conversion utility for adapting an offline MS Access database to SQL. Ideally, I'd like to use UD to make this database into a web-based application. Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 24 Sep 2001 21:14:13
24 Sep 2001 21:14:13 Steve Johnson replied:
Thanks Vf! I expect it'll be interesting converting the procedures and such once the db is over to SQL. Hopefully UD can ease the pain somewhat, but I'm learning that too! Might try your Access XP tip though!

Reply to this topic