Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Successful installation of PHAkt 1.0.6 on Mac OS

Posted 28 Oct 2001 03:14:24
has voted
28 Oct 2001 03:14:24 Johannes Bohnacker posted:
I was successful with the following procedure:

<ul><li>1. Open the File Exchange Control Panel and make sure there is a definition for .mxp files, setting their Program to "Extension Manager" (Creator: "MmXm" and their Type to "MMXP".</li><li>2. Download the <b>Windows</b> version of PHAkt 1.0.6 from Interakt's web site.</li><li>3. Unpack the "phakt-1.0.6.zip" file with StuffIt Expander, if this was not automatically performed by your web browser.</li><li>4. If the icon of the file "phakt-1.0.6.mxp" doesn't look like a Macromedia Extension, use FileTyper or something similar to change it's Type to "MMXP" and its Creator to "MmXm".</li><li>5. Install "phakt-1.0.6.mxp" into UltraDev 4 with the Macromedia Extension Manager (yes, the one which came with UD 4 will do the job, if it's the Windows version of this Extension!)</li><li>6. Locate the file "mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar" in the "Configuration:JDBCDrivers" folder inside your UltraDev application folder. Set the Type and Creator of this file as follows (e.g. with FileTyper): Type: "ZIP " (with a space as 4th character); Creator: "java". The icon should now change to a Java Library icon. Now copy this file ("mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar" to the folder "MRJ Libraries:MRJClasses" within the Extensions folder in the System folder.</li></ul>
That's it! You should be ready to run! I recommend the tutorial at www.udzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=1202 for setting up the data access in UltraDev.

Replies

Replied 30 Oct 2001 15:08:00
30 Oct 2001 15:08:00 Sowhat Bigguy replied:
Thanks a million brother. saved me a lot of time!

Replied 14 Nov 2001 22:03:51
14 Nov 2001 22:03:51 Ryan Schwiebert replied:
Great news! Now I can use my Mac rather than my PC for php development!

Reply to this topic