Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

win32 apache/php script execution problems

Posted 28 Oct 2001 18:24:25
has voted
28 Oct 2001 18:24:25 Tyler Jensen posted:
Hello again everyone!

Ok, I'm running the latest version of PHAkt, and I have installed MySQL, Apache, and of course PHP using the PHP Triad installer from www.phpgeek.com.
I have made a jdbc connection to MySQL on my PC, and I can view pages with no PHP code on them fine under http:/localhost/...
however, whenever the PHP code is processed by apache, I recieve error messages, and the code does not execute. I have uploaded all the html/php to my webhost, and it executes fine. The error messages are along the lines of:

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_1243d01f1b06d133deb6b9894ed040ed, O_RDWR) failed: m (2) in C:\apache\htdocs\path\to_document\login.php on line 12

The code in question is PHAkt generated, and as I have stated, it works fine on my webhost.

I am hoping that this is just some error that comes as the result of incorrect path settings or something of that nature. I am new to the whole unix thing, but not afraid, so if this is a problem you've encountered before, I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks!

-Tyler

Replies

Replied 28 Oct 2001 21:12:01
28 Oct 2001 21:12:01 Bruno Mairlot replied:
Check your temporary file setting in php.ini.

By default the php.ini set the temp directory in /tmp, which doesn't exists on Win32.

Change it according to your system. (Like C:\WINNT\TEMP or C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)

--- Better to die trying, than never try at all ---

Reply to this topic