Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

UD uploading PHP files as binary?

Posted 02 Nov 2001 22:23:41
has voted
02 Nov 2001 22:23:41 Michael Davis posted:
I recently purchased UD, after using DW for a year, because of the PHakt extension, since I'm learning PHP. While creating my first script, I kept getting server errors (linux running apache), saying "premature end of script headers".

It finaly hit me to ftp the script from outside of UD, using WS-FTP, making sure the .php extention was defined as an ascii file. The script ran fine.

Is UD uploading php as binary? I used the "Manage FTP file types" extension to define .PHP files as ascii, but it didn't seem to help.

Any thoughts?

Replies

Replied 03 Nov 2001 17:59:42
03 Nov 2001 17:59:42 Tim Green replied:
Interesting, as I've used the UD FTP client for uploading php files without issue, and I know for a fact that many other users don't have this problem either.

I don't know precisely why your php files are being defined as binary. One of the things you could check though, is your Windows/Mac file associations, to see if for some reason PHP files are defined as a binary type. If this is the case, then the UD FTP system will respect that association and upload accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 08 Nov 2001 21:08:44
08 Nov 2001 21:08:44 Michael Davis replied:
I've found the answer! It turns out that this is a known problem in UD 4.0. I upgraded to 4.01, and everything's fine.
I also installed the "set permissions" extension, and now I don't have to leave UD when uploading files.
You can find the UD update here:
www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads/dw4_updater.html

Replied 09 Nov 2001 03:41:01
09 Nov 2001 03:41:01 Michael Davis replied:

Reply to this topic