Forums

This topic is locked

Extension Packager troubles since installing MX

Posted 05 May 2002 01:52:19
has voted
05 May 2002 01:52:19 brett brewer posted:
I'm having trouble packaging extensions for my old UltraDev 4 install since installing the new MX version on the same machine. I'm using UD4 with Impakt 1.2.6 server model to create a very simple conditional region behavior. It works great as a custom server behavior, but when I try to package it, 2 problems arise....

1. What do I need to do to make the $ultradev variable in my MXI files point back to the correct location? My $ultradev variable keeps defaulting to the new DreamweaverMX install location no matter what I do. I'm assuming this is a system registry problem, but have looked at every Dreamweaver and UltraDev key and can't find one that controls this. Even the MXI packager extension inserts the wrong $dreamweaver variable when I specify $ultradev.

2. The only file created when I use the Server Behavior Builder (SBB) to create the behavior is a single .htm file. There are no other files generated, which seems strange. Shouldn't all my generated behaviors have an XML or EDML file where the custom code for each block is stored? I had an easy time doing this with the new DreamweaverMX, but can't figure out UD4's SBB. Do I need to install an old version of extension manager and build with that?

Replies

Replied 05 May 2002 10:24:40
05 May 2002 10:24:40 Waldo Smeets replied:
I think your 'problem' is that the latest extension manager supports multi user system. This means for Win 2000 machines that all extensions will be placed inside C:/documents and settings/application data/macromedia/dreamweaver mx/configuration

I have not tried the SBB of MX yet, but there's a faire chance that it also writes the XML or EDML files in this folder. Also note that the location of these files inside the config folder changed.

Regarding your point 1). I am not sure what you mean, but are you referring to the fact that when you dublbeclick an MXP file it will always install in DWMX? This is true, the workaround is to first open the Extension Manager, then select Ultradev from the dropdown menu, then choose File > Install Extension and then browse to the file

Waldo Smeets -- www.UDzone.com Co-Founder
------------------------------------------
UDzone.com: The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
Replied 17 May 2002 04:03:56
17 May 2002 04:03:56 brett brewer replied:
Yeah, but if I've specified ultradev as the primary application in the MXI at build-time, it should install in Ultradev by default. Unfortunately, when I package an extension to default to Ultradev it still installs in DWMX. I just wanted to fix that on my system so I can make sure UD4 extensions install to the correct program by default. But since I've quit working on UD4 extensions it's not really an issue.

Reply to this topic