Forums

This topic is locked

CDO is KILLING DreamweaverMX

Posted 14 Jun 2002 02:44:51
has voted
14 Jun 2002 02:44:51 carolus Holman posted:
Any Idea why this code (from UltraSuite, yes I paid for it!) cause DWMX to Crash, UltraDev it works fine...
CODE REMOVED AT REQUEST OF JS from ULTRA SUITE. I was not commenting on the product UltraSuite which I think is GREAT, I was mainly trying to give UltraSuite credit (though wrongly) for the original code. I modified the code to suite my needs, which caused the problems in DMX. I was suprised that code could cause DMX to crash. I didn't know it was actively compiling the coding window as I worked....

Carolus Holman

Edited by - rolus on 14 Jun 2002 15:01:07

Replies

Replied 14 Jun 2002 12:18:09
14 Jun 2002 12:18:09 shane anderson replied:
YES YES YES YES

At last someone else who has found problems with Ultrasuite. It not only crashes it then locks me out of the file altogether. I have to say MX has turned into a nightmare for me - just a total f------g nightmare.

Same thing just happened to me when I tried to introduce MX's dynamic jump menu. Driving me crazy. Crazy.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Any Idea why this code (from UltraSuite, yes I paid for it!) cause DWMX to Crash, UltraDev it works fine...
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;%
' *** Send Forgotten Password To User With CDO NewMail
' *** UltraSuite Server Behavior - UltraLogin_116 - version 1.0
' *** Copyright © 2000-2001 Jag S. Sidhu - www.ultrasuite.com. All rights reserved.
**** code removed ****
</font id=code></pre id=code>

Carolus Holman
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 14 Jun 2002 13:35:14
14 Jun 2002 13:35:14 J.S. - UltraSuite replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

1. Do not post UltraSuite code in any public forum.

2. I have tested the code in DMX and aksed a couple of other people to do the same and it works fine in DMX. No crashes; no problems.

3. The problem is likely with your installation of DMX or with file corruption.

4. If you are a customer then write to me at
Replied 14 Jun 2002 13:37:22
14 Jun 2002 13:37:22 J.S. - UltraSuite replied:
YES YES YES YES

At last someone else who has found problems with Ultrasuite. It not only crashes it then locks me out of the file altogether. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

As I have mentioned to you via email there is likely a problem with file corruption in your installation. The code works fine in DMX.
Replied 14 Jun 2002 14:42:22
14 Jun 2002 14:42:22 carolus Holman replied:
YES YES YES YES

At last someone else who has found problems with Ultrasuite. It not only crashes it then locks me out of the file altogether. I have to say MX has turned into a nightmare for me - just a total f------g nightmare.

Hey Struth can you take the code off of your reply. JS is right about posting the code. The code was modified slightly, I added another field to the reply string, I still can't figure out why MX is crashing with this code, I suspect it has something to do with the &_ and the CHR(10) and chr(13) Returns and Line feeds. Still it shouldn't be crashing MX.

Carolus Holman
Replied 14 Jun 2002 14:46:12
14 Jun 2002 14:46:12 carolus Holman replied:
I apologize for posting your code. I wasn't thinking. Your product is terrific. I didn't post the entire behaviour, but I suppose that all of it is considered copyright. I did modify the code slightly, however this in it self shouldn't cause the Lock up's I have been experiencing. I didn't think DMX ran the code while in the application...

Carolus Holman

Edited by - rolus on 14 Jun 2002 14:47:03
Replied 14 Jun 2002 17:45:36
14 Jun 2002 17:45:36 J.S. - UltraSuite replied:
Carolus,

If you could contact me by email we can go through this step by step and see what might be causing the problem. I am pretty sure it's not the code but we'll probably find if there is a pattern. Shane, the guy who posted in this thread, has also written to me and I have asked him to follow some steps to see if the problem persists.

Reply to this topic