Forums

This topic is locked

Links/browser & checklinks statewide problem

Posted 16 Nov 2002 03:09:30
has voted
16 Nov 2002 03:09:30 Marz L posted:
I am using DWMX (Macromedia Studio MX) I have two problems that I hope someone here can help me solve.

The site is in a subdirectory.

C:\\\website (in this directory there is all htm files and mm_menu.js file then in a subdirectory of this c:\\\website directory are :\images and :\templates

C:\\\Website
(subdirectory of :\Website) \images\notes
(subdirectory of :\Website) \templates

1. I made a image file in Fireworks MX which I use as a template for all my pages, this image contains all nav buttons and pop up menus. My problem is this, the pop up's work fine when I preview each page individually but when I click a link in the sub menu the links work but no page is previewed. My question is do I have to upload the site to check my pop up menus? Or did I do something wrong? (maybe my site structure on the hard drive is wrong?) 90 % of these links exist. The links are correct as the browser IE 6.0 points to the correct links but the page doesn't appear.

2. When I try to do a check link statewide, I experience the following error message;

While executing receiveArguments, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:
At line 13 of file"c:\program file\macromedia\dreamweavermx\configuration\menus\mm\site_checklinks.htm"
exception throw in native function

Can someone tell what's wrong here.????

Regards
Marz

Replies

Replied 19 Nov 2002 16:17:56
19 Nov 2002 16:17:56 Tuan Hoang replied:
Marzz:

The problem may be that when you add the links in your template, unless you specify absolute urls to the linked pages, then it's going to use relative links and possibly just look for the pages in the same templates directory where the template is kept.
Check your link paths and you may see that you need to have the path go up a level in your directory structure. (i.e. a href="../some.htm" )

Reply to this topic