Forums

This topic is locked

why add a new row?????

Posted 05 May 2001 22:18:49
has voted
05 May 2001 22:18:49 suhail kaleem posted:
i am having some problem and this problem is making my project more and more complicated as i procede please help

my db table looks like this

Table name= user_info

id | name | email | rate1 | rate2 | rate3 | rate4 | rate5|Url
----|------|---------|--------|-------|-------|-------|------|-------------------------------
1 |karen | | 1 | | 3 | 2 | 5 |someserver.com/mypic.jpg
2 |me | | | 1 | | | |someserver.com/yourpic.jpg
3 |u | | 4 | | 3 | 1 | |myserver.com/coolpic.jpg

ok on the main page i make a rs of the above table (user_info) and then add a dynamic image in the page from the
url coloum , now i made five radio buttons - when click on the button it will submit the value of the radio button which is 1 in this case
now when everi selected the radiou button labled rate 1 rate 2 raet 3 it makes a new row in the db - what i want is that it do not make a new row but it add the
rating to the excisting coloum from which the image is coming from.if the image-url is coming from the karen record(see above table) then it should add the rating to
that row (1+1=2 or 2+5=8) it should not make a new row but when i try it makes a new row that i do not want

secondly i want to out put the rating of specific user for example in above table i want to show the total rating by adding all coloums rate1+rate2+rate3+rate4+rate5 and % of karen url
i want to out put that as a line graph like 1 people rate her rate1, 0 people rate her rate2, 3 people rate her rate 3 and so on.. all that in graph .
that is all i want - i tried my best to explain what i am messing with.please help - i want to do that in ud4 with almost no hand coding -if i should use hand coding then
please provide me with the code

sorry for bad english.

thank you and waiting for a helpfull reply .

suhailkaleem

Reply to this topic