Forums

This topic is locked

Unique file name with PureASPUpload

Posted 24 Nov 2002 05:09:54
has voted
24 Nov 2002 05:09:54 K S posted:
I think I'm missing something in the interface; I've used the code at dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=7&NewsId=561 for the last version of ASPUpload, and was thrilled with the results.

I see the new version has a conflict resolution option (that seems to add a single-digit number to the end of the file name to make unique -- but leaves the file name alone, if it doesn't already exist.) -- but don't see a way to add the long random string that original solution created.

I'd like to be able to create a long random string to a new file name... is it possible?

Thanks for any advice... and by the way, I love this extension. I can't count the number of headaches it's helped me avoid.

Replies

Replied 25 Nov 2002 15:31:47
25 Nov 2002 15:31:47 George Petrov replied:
Hi,

The FAQ is indeed for the old version of Pure ASP Upload. In the latest version we do have indeed build in filename unique mechanism - that adds a number to the filename.

Our expiriance is that this is actually very satisfying for the most cases. For the very special cases we have another extension - Rename Uploaded Files - that is shipped with the Pure ASP Upload Add-On Pack which will aloow you to control the file names in much more flexible way.

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFreaks.nl
--------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic