Forums

This topic is locked

Yet more help with linked drop down menus

Posted 17 Dec 2002 18:12:12
has voted
17 Dec 2002 18:12:12 Rafi Mellado posted:
Hi,
I have a linked dynamic dropdown menu which I did following the dreamweaver tutorial on macromedia's
site www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/ts/documents/client_dynamic_listbox.htm
but I want to change one tiny thing.
I want an option on the <b>child drop down menu </b>which says "select all" and has a value of %, I've tried creating a static option but it gets overwritten as soon as the function is executed, any suggestions?

"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing I would get nothing done"

Replies

Replied 17 Dec 2002 19:40:28
17 Dec 2002 19:40:28 Rafi Mellado replied:
Ok I think I got it to work although I'm not sure what consequences it might have in the near future. What I did was add a static option on the child menu, but it wouldn't work so I took out this function
clearDynaList(oList2);
that seemed to the trick, but like I said who knows what other problems I might encounter after doing this.

Replied 17 Dec 2002 20:02:00
17 Dec 2002 20:02:00 Rafi Mellado replied:
Ok not a good idea to take that out, apparently if that function isn't called the dropdown menu is never cleared so all the info from the databes keeps piling on, I'll keep on trying
You guys are welcome to jump in at any time

Replied 18 Dec 2002 09:25:24
18 Dec 2002 09:25:24 Vince Baker replied:
Just a thought, but after the clear function, cant you create the select all option there, so when the dropdown is cleared the first thing it does it create your select all option...

Regards
Vince

Response.write("The best line of code you can ever use"

VBScript | ASP | HTML | SQL | Oracle | Hosting
Replied 18 Dec 2002 12:45:04
18 Dec 2002 12:45:04 Rafi Mellado replied:
That would probably be the best solution if I wasn't such a moron when it comes to javascript. What I did as a temp solution is to create a "Select All" field in my database, it works for now but its not quite what I intended to do, wou can check it out at: hhtp://www.marmenor.com/search.asp

I will solve this eventually, I'll keep you guys posted in case someone in this forum ever needs to do something like this.

Reply to this topic