Forums

This topic is locked

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Error

Posted 08 Feb 2003 01:31:15
has voted
08 Feb 2003 01:31:15 Mashkur Alam posted:
Hi..
I am in great problem now....can't saught it out anyway......I uploaded my list and view pages into brinkster....I can see list page...its look like OK...but when I click for more details......it should show me ...details page.....but it doesn't.....it showes me an error....which is:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

/tulshipata/prop_details.asp, line 12

actually my brinkster folder name is...tulshipata......so the path I made is like...../tulshipata/prop_details.asp
from list page.

Check the page so that you could:
tow link..one is on image, and another is on: more

www14.brinkster.com/tulshipata/prop_sales.asp

and line 12 is I check on MX is
rsProp_Sales.LockType = 1

so what is the problem...it doesn't show me anything....

and pass parametar is URL...
on address bar it shows me absolute path....no mistake.......

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE........help me
brother..........
I need to know what is the problem with this....
and to be honest this is my first time.......uploading my own .asp and connecting to the data base....
so as a newbie I will be realy helpful.
Thanks very much
Mashkur

Mashkur

Replies

Replied 08 Feb 2003 20:41:01
08 Feb 2003 20:41:01 Mashkur Alam replied:
Please help me...with any suggestion
I am totaly stuck with it, cann't go furthur........
waiting to hear from any friend...
what to do??

Mashkur

Edited by - mash07 on 08 Feb 2003 20:41:45
Replied 08 Feb 2003 20:50:56
08 Feb 2003 20:50:56 asp asp replied:
Your Property ID is Not Numeric, make sure that when you go to the Detail page it goes there by ID nothing else!! PASS URL BY change this to ID in your behaviors pannel!
Replied 08 Feb 2003 23:01:55
08 Feb 2003 23:01:55 Mashkur Alam replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Your Property ID is Not Numeric, make sure that when you go to the Detail page it goes there by ID nothing else!! PASS URL BY change this to ID in your behaviors pannel!

Hi...
I have just tried to change...as numeric......but still it doesn't show anything...same error...
OK, what I have done is...I change my database
prop_id=autonumber
and made change to prop_sales...pass URL as prop_id...and into details page I mentioned prop_id as Pass URL
it works locally fine....
but on brinkster still same thing appear..no change.
the problem I am feeling, is that...the path of my details page...as previously I mentioned is, my brinkster user name is tulshipata...so I made the path as /tulshipata/prop_details.asp
is that right?
Please looking forward from any friend
Mashkur

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Mashkur
Replied 09 Feb 2003 01:04:27
09 Feb 2003 01:04:27 Mashkur Alam replied:
Hi...I am realy stuck with this..please any one suggest me....
This is what the code adjactly look like...

&lt;td bgcolor="#999999"&gt;&lt;div align="center"&gt;&lt;a href="prop_details.asp"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;A HREF="prop_details.asp?&lt;%= MM_keepURL & MM_joinChar(MM_keepURL) & "prop_id=" & rsProp_Sales.Fields.Item("prop_id".Value %&gt;" target="_self"&gt;&lt;img src="/tulshipata/images/&lt;%=(rsProp_Sales.Fields.Item("Image_main".Value)%&gt;" alt="Click for more details" width="90" height="80" border="0"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;

Any suggestion Please
Thanks

Mashkur

Edited by - mash07 on 09 Feb 2003 01:05:22

Edited by - mash07 on 09 Feb 2003 01:12:55
Replied 09 Feb 2003 01:34:59
09 Feb 2003 01:34:59 asp asp replied:
Are you filtering your recordset on the prop_details.asp?? you should make sure you are filtering prop_id = URL PARAM prop_id on that page, on your main page GO TO DETAILS turn of the Check mark PASS EXISTING PARAMETERS
Replied 10 Feb 2003 02:58:19
10 Feb 2003 02:58:19 Mashkur Alam replied:
Hi
Thanks for suggest me...I tried that way...You told me to Uncheck the Pass existing URL parametar, I did this, and also..I checked for make sure the details page has got the filter by id.....so far is ok..but still the same error massage...can't understand what should I do..
One thing is very strange to me, I downloaded a tutorial..from Webthang.co.uk..it is on MX..and step by step.....picture tutorial....I checked all this..and adjactly what it was saying I did this on my page, just for experiement......it doesn't work.....but when I upload that tutorial to my brinkster site...it works fine.....and in one way I tried to copy that Details.....code...and paste it into my page.......strange nothing change....
Does it mean that anything I did....into &lt;head&gt; section..? I am not sure....also its look like a bit change...between my work and tutorials work......
I hope it will make sense to you.........any suggestion will be realy greatfull for me...
Here is the changed code: according your suggestion:

&lt;A HREF="/prop_details.asp?&lt;%= MM_keepNone & MM_joinChar(MM_keepNone) & "prop_id=" & rsProp_Sales.Fields.Item("prop_id".Value %&gt;"&gt;more&gt;&gt;&lt;/A&gt;

One major change is.....MM_keepNone........once I changed it as MM_keepURL.......the same problem...

Thanks a lot for your co-operation...lookforward from you
mash

Mashkur

Reply to this topic