Forums

This topic is locked

Filenames in a database via Smart Image Processor

Posted 26 Feb 2003 22:25:53
has voted
26 Feb 2003 22:25:53 Hans Hartmann posted:
Is it possible automaticly to inserte filenames, incl. thumbnails in a database when oploading with Smart Image Processor?
/hans

Replies

Replied 27 Feb 2003 09:38:56
27 Feb 2003 09:38:56 Martha Graham replied:
You upload pictures using Pure ASP Upload and then resize them with Smart Image Processor on the server.

You can insert the filenames into a database. Pure ASP Upload comes with 16 tutorials that walk you through the process.
Smart Image Processor has tutorials also.

You will find the tutorials under the help button in the UI.

Martha Graham
Replied 12 Nov 2006 04:20:49
12 Nov 2006 04:20:49 removed removed replied:
This did not answer the question about thumbnails, it is very clear how to upload the file and add the photo to the database but I do not see who to add the thumbnail name to the database. I understand the thumbnail is created but how do you add the name to the database, there is only the main photo itself that is added to the database.

Please reply.
Replied 16 Aug 2007 18:07:17
16 Aug 2007 18:07:17 Dave Bevan replied:
In case anyone else is still trying to fix this problem, this is a solution I found works for me.
Edit to suit your database references and paste into the picture scr box in dreamweaver.

pics/picsgallery/<%=Replace(YourRecordsetRS.Fields.Item("yourpicname".Value,".jpg",""%>_thumb.jpg

You don't need the thumbnail name to be stored in your database as all your thumbnails are named the same as the larger pic, but with "_thumb.jpg" on the end.
The other solutions offered elsewhere in these forums added "_thumb.jpg" after the .jpg in the original file name.
So this code removes the .jpg reference from the file name in your database, and adds _thumb.jpg in the correct place.
It works for me anyway!

Reply to this topic