Forums

This topic is locked

Flash Not Working

Posted 09 Mar 2003 16:17:48
has voted
09 Mar 2003 16:17:48 Vinayak Sharma posted:
I have this strange problem when inserting a flash movie in a page using DwMx, while testing by pressing F12, the movie works well, but when having a live preview it shows movie not loaded, to solve the problem I downloaded the trial version of Contribute, and inserted the movie using Contribute, now it works.

So can any one suggest how to orrect this problem in DwMx.

After lot of probing I found that the coding done by DwMx is different than that done by Contribute. See below

object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="354" height="62">
param name="movie" value="flash/banner.swf">
param name="quality" value="high">
param name="menu" value="false">
embed src="flash/banner.swf" quality="high" menu="false" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="354" height="62"></embed>
/object>

<b>I have deleted the `&lt;' sign before object and param in the above code since forum was treating it as movie.</b>

This ""object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" "" is written differently by DwMx/Contribute.

So can any one tell how to get correct "object classid" in DwMx.

Replies

Replied 09 Mar 2003 17:21:36
09 Mar 2003 17:21:36 Vinayak Sharma replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have this strange problem when inserting a flash movie in a page using DwMx, while testing by pressing F12, the movie works well, but when having a live preview it shows movie not loaded, to solve the problem I downloaded the trial version of Contribute, and inserted the movie using Contribute, now it works.

So can any one suggest how to orrect this problem in DwMx.

After lot of probing I found that the coding done by DwMx is different than that done by Contribute. See below

object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="354" height="62"&gt;
param name="movie" value="flash/banner.swf"&gt;
param name="quality" value="high"&gt;
param name="menu" value="false"&gt;
embed src="flash/banner.swf" quality="high" menu="false" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="354" height="62"&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;
/object&gt;

<b>I have deleted the `&lt;' sign before object and param in the above code since forum was treating it as movie.</b>

This ""object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" "" is written differently by DwMx/Contribute.

So can any one tell how to get correct "object classid" in DwMx.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

<b><font color=red>This topic closed</font id=red></b>

As I gto it corrected by reinstalling DwMx.

Thanks

Reply to this topic