Forums

This topic is locked

Dynamic Menus Returning Data

Posted 31 Mar 2003 12:41:02
has voted
31 Mar 2003 12:41:02 Sarah Brown posted:
I have a triple drop-down menu built in Javascript which uses arrays. The selection of the first menu determines the values in the second menu which then determines the values in the third menu.
How can I point these menu selections to search the database via a SQL statement and return the results onto a results page?

I have done this successfully with static values but cannot get this work with dynamic array values.

Replies

Replied 31 Mar 2003 15:28:30
31 Mar 2003 15:28:30 Vince Baker replied:
Can you get the results you want by using only the 3rd menu as the search criteria or must you use the other two also?

Regards
Vince

Visit my home: www.chez-vince.com

VBScript | ASP | HTML | SQL | Oracle | Hosting
Replied 01 Apr 2003 08:46:47
01 Apr 2003 08:46:47 Sarah Brown replied:
Thanks, Vince.

The search results are dependent upon what is selected in the second AND/OR third drop down menus. For example:

FIRST MENU: a selection of auto brands. I select HONDA from the first
SECOND MENU: I select CIVIC
THIRD MENU: I can select TURBO or if no Turbo is available, , the third menu automatically shows NO TURBO AVAILABLE

Now, I want to be able to click a SEARCH button to return from the database all HONDA CIVICS with no TURBO.

The only drop-down menu that is static is the first one. The second menu choices are determined by what is selected by the first menu. The third menu choices are determined by the second menu selection (done through javascript arrays)

The issue that I am having is how to return results from the database based on the dynamic javasript array menu selections.

Autotrader.co.uk QUICK SEARCH is an example of what I am attempting to accomplish.
Chrs,
SB

Reply to this topic