Forums

This topic is locked

My page 127.0.0.1 Problem

Posted 30 May 2003 07:54:38
has voted
30 May 2003 07:54:38 RAED KHRAIS posted:
Hi guys I am trying to see My local page on my local pc every time I tried to log on on my right password it keeps give me this message:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

even though I have opened new account as admin and I delete the old account and I put the new password and the right one but still I can't get it

any person knows can help me?

Raed

Replies

Replied 30 May 2003 11:40:27
30 May 2003 11:40:27 Lee Diggins replied:
Hi Raed

The 127.0.0.1 referes to your wwwroot directory which by default is created on:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot
However, you may find it on a different drive. Check to see you have a htm page there, if not create a simple web page and test.

Could you tell us what web server/operating system you're using.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!!!
Replied 30 May 2003 20:53:46
30 May 2003 20:53:46 RAED KHRAIS replied:
Hi Digga
Thanks for answering me.
I am using Windows XP and also I am facing problem in Coldfusion admin. page I am not able to see that page because it based on 127.0.0.1

Replied 03 Jun 2003 11:13:20
03 Jun 2003 11:13:20 Lee Diggins replied:
Hi Raed

I don't think this has anything to do with your user account, it's the web server account that's causing the problem.

I know nothing about Coldfusion, but you could check the permissions for the web server account. IIS uses two accounts IUSR_machinename and IWAM_machine, not sure about Coldfusion though. Open the inetpub right click on the wwwroot folder in Windows explorer and select properties and go to the security tab, make sure the web server user account has got the appropriate rights to that folder. Click apply and OK.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!!!

Reply to this topic