Forums

This topic is locked

I love PHP & UD But...

Posted 16 May 2001 17:37:00
has voted
16 May 2001 17:37:00 Some One posted:
I love PHP and Ultradev.now i'm developing websites with ultradev and ASP also i good at PHP and i prefer PHP & Mysql then AS
BUT...

Is Ultradev PHP support enough ?(with extensions)
What do you think ? Should I try ? give me an opinion ?

sdi ::: pixels to blood

Replies

Replied 17 May 2001 12:54:36
17 May 2001 12:54:36 Tim Green replied:
<font face='Arial'>The PHP Support in UltraDev so far is brilliant, though it is still in Beta and there are a couple of bugs about.

Having said that, the PHP support is such that I have now dropped using a plain text editor to code PHP pages and do it all in UD. Why ? Well the most important feature for me is the management of the site that is available within UD.

The development environment of UD is fantastic, as I'm sure you are already aware. Don't you wish you could have that same environment for PHP too ?

The PHP Support in UD with the PHAkT PHP Server Model is well worth investigating if you are a PHP developer. The fact that it uses ADODB to access databases shouldn't deter you. In fact it is a big bonus !
Imagine being able to create a website that uses MySQL and without having to recode the site, having it work with Oracle ! Or Sybase, or whatever ! The list seems endless.

Try it out. Remember that the PHAkT Server Model is just an extension. If you don't like it, or it doesn't serve your need you can easily uninstall it.</font id='Arial'>

Edited by - rawveg on 05/17/2001 12:56:03

Reply to this topic