Forums

This topic is locked

Confirmation when deleting record

Posted 23 Jun 2003 13:04:16
has voted
23 Jun 2003 13:04:16 Wayne Hultum posted:
Hi all,

I’m working on a site at the minute where the user is able to add items to sell. When they’ve added the item it appears in their item list page with a tick box that enables them to delete it.

At the moment if you delete an item it doesn’t give you a warning that you are going to delete it. What I want to do is when you tick the box and click the delete button a popup box appears with a confirmation message asking if they are sure they want to delete it.

Hope I’ve explained this enough

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Replies

Replied 23 Jun 2003 14:08:15
23 Jun 2003 14:08:15 Vince Baker replied:
Place this code in the head of your document

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function ConfirmDel(msg) {
document.MM_returnValue = confirm(msg);
}
//-->
</script>

and place this in the tag of your form (after the <form line of code)

onClick="ConfirmDel('Are you sure you want to delete this record?');return document.MM_returnValue"

Regards
Vince

Visit my home: www.chez-vince.com

VBScript | ASP | HTML | SQL | Oracle | Hosting
Replied 04 Jul 2003 03:35:53
04 Jul 2003 03:35:53 David Behan replied:
DW has its own in built behaviour for this. Click the delete button you created so that it is highlighted. Goto your behaviours panel and click the + symbol. Now select popup confirm message. Enter the question you want to ask the user, e.g. Are you sure? and thats it.

Regards,

Dave

Replied 08 Jul 2003 10:56:12
08 Jul 2003 10:56:12 Wayne Hultum replied:
Thanks, that works fine if they want to delete their record. What I want to do is give them the option to confirm they want to delete and also give them the option to cancel there delete.

Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks again
Replied 08 Jul 2003 14:02:08
08 Jul 2003 14:02:08 David Behan replied:
It is included in that function in DW. It asks them a question (e.g. Are you sure?) and they can press OK or CANCEL. OK continues with the script while CANCEL goes back to where they were without doing anything.

Regards,

Dave

Reply to this topic