Forums

This topic is locked

FileField - can you insert an image path to start?

Posted 08 Aug 2003 16:27:50
has voted
08 Aug 2003 16:27:50 Andrew Clausen posted:
Hi all,

I'm trying to make an update form for a site using a database that currently stores paths for up to 10 images in fields 'imgpath1' 'imgpath2' etc to 'imgpath10'

I am trying to update the images already in the database - to do this I'm using Pure PHP Upload - I have 10 FileFields to update the images, but the default value for them all is blank. If images are not basically re-uploaded, the image path in the database for the existing images is overwritten with NULL fields if they are not updated.

Any idea how I can get the default value of the file fields to be the paths stored in 'imgpath1' 'imgpath2' etc?

Thanks a ton,
Andrew

Replies

Replied 11 Aug 2003 11:21:22
11 Aug 2003 11:21:22 Patrick Woldberg replied:
I have replied in an other topic of you about this problem, you can use the function COALESCE or IFNULL in sql for this.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
Replied 23 Sep 2006 15:25:34
23 Sep 2006 15:25:34 Darryl Bowles replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have replied in an other topic of you about this problem, you can use the function COALESCE or IFNULL in sql for this.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>What kind of an answer do call this? Pure PHP Upload is targeted at non coders and you give a reply that only an experienced coder would understand. Please be more specific for web design oriented people like me.
Replied 02 Mar 2008 20:31:34
02 Mar 2008 20:31:34 Erica Ybarra replied:
Hi Andrew-

I realize the posting I read is more than a year old, however, I am stuck with the same situation that you referenced (below). Did you ever find a resolution?

Much thanks in advance.
~Erica

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an update form for a site using a database that currently stores paths for up to 10 images in fields 'imgpath1' 'imgpath2' etc to 'imgpath10'

I am trying to update the images already in the database - to do this I'm using Pure PHP Upload - I have 10 FileFields to update the images, but the default value for them all is blank. If images are not basically re-uploaded, the image path in the database for the existing images is overwritten with NULL fields if they are not updated.

Any idea how I can get the default value of the file fields to be the paths stored in 'imgpath1' 'imgpath2' etc?

Thanks a ton,
Andrew
<font color=blue></font id=blue>
Replied 06 Mar 2008 05:13:21
06 Mar 2008 05:13:21 Javier Castro replied:
it is not clear to me what your exact problem is but you could possibly upload the new images however using the same filenames to the images you are about to replace and they ussually are overwritten by the new files. The result is, the paths are still the same and the images are different.

Is that what you wanted to know???

Javier
"I'm a slow learner and I forget fast" grandpa
DW | FW | ASP | HTML | CSS

Edited by - am7555 on 06 Mar 2008 05:13:39

Reply to this topic