Layer Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

problem

Reported 20 Oct 2003 06:49:49
has this problem
20 Oct 2003 06:49:49 Jill Bell posted:
I am trying to use the DHTML bundle with Dreamweaver MX 2004.
There is a very LARGE problem, there IS NO TIMELINE. I have looked in every possible place, it no longer exists. I would either like a workaround please, as I was going to use this for a client site that didn't want FLASH, or I would like a refund since I can not use it with this program. I am sorry for the problem, believe me.
Best Regards,
Jill Bell

Replies

Replied 20 Oct 2003 09:02:36
20 Oct 2003 09:02:36 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Hi Jill,

The fact that there is no timeline feature in MX2004 anymore is something that you could have known prior to purchasing the Bundle, and it is not a Layer Genie problem.
The timeline itself is not a Layer Genie feature, but only one of the things we built a demo with.

So I don't know if this entitles you to a refund.
Please contact Martha ( ) about this.

But Layer Genie has lots of uses without the timeline, and I even think that with some custom JS functions (using the timeout function) you could build a slideshow using Layer Genie but without the timeline.

Could you explain what your slideshow needs to look like (what it needs to do)?
Maybe I can help you build one without the timeline.

Regards,

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Edited by - MarjaR on 20 Oct 2003 09:17:51
Replied 20 Oct 2003 17:37:25
20 Oct 2003 17:37:25 Jill Bell replied:
Thank you for your reply, the best way I can describe what would be the IDEAL would be to show you the sample web page I did for the client. It has a small Flash slideshow. The client doesn't want Flash at all, so DHTML seems like the choice. I don't have much experience with DHTML. Your programs seemed perfect. Do you know why they took the timeline OUT of Dreamweaver?
I really appreciate your help, but it can also help you with selling your product for Dreamweaver 2004.
The web page is located at: <www.jillbelldesigns.com/exotic_wood_dreams/index2.html>
Again, thanks.
Best Regards,
Jill Bell
Replied 20 Oct 2003 17:47:37
20 Oct 2003 17:47:37 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Hi again Jill,

You can use Layer Genie to build a slideshow similar to the one you have on the left side on that page, but to be honest a slideshow like that would be much easier to build using one of my free DHTML extensions named Trans Slide Show.

That doesn't mean that you threw away your money on Layer Genie.
I'm confident that you will find lots of good uses for that extension as well, eg. when building DHTML flyout menus.

You can see a demo of Trans Slide Show at www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/mxp/Behaviors/TransSlideShow/example.htm
And you can download it from www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5256

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Reply to this topic