List-O-Rama! 2 (free extension) Support Product Page

This topic was archived

List-o-rama failed to install

Reported 12 Feb 2004 18:06:01
has this problem
12 Feb 2004 18:06:01 David Bell posted:
I downloaded list-o-rama and tried to install onto DW 2004 MX under Mac SX 10.2.8

Extension Manager reported a successful install. According to you docs it should have appeared under the 'insert/common' tab. But there's no such menu item, and it doesn't appear anywhere else so I can't access it to run it.

Next thing I tried was to de-install but now Extension Manager craches every time I try to run it. I don't know if there's a connection between list-o-rama and the crash . But the only time I ever ran Extension Manager is to install yr s/w and now it doesn't run any more! (Of course it could be a coincidence or some other reason!)

But I now have a probem - I can't run list-o-rama or uninstall it or even install other extensions.

Can you tell me how to either fix the install so I can run it else how to remove all it's components.

Also any ideas why Extension manager won't run now are welcome!

Thanks

Replies

Replied 18 Feb 2004 21:05:11
18 Feb 2004 21:05:11 Jono Jono replied:
Have you found a fix to the problem yet? I too would like to install the extension, it seems very helpful, but I cannot afford to screw up a work machine if it is buggy. I am running Panther 10.2.3 and DMW MX 2004, so it may behave corret for me, but still not worth the risk. Have you had any luck with the extension since your psot?

Edited by - ox4dboy on 18 Feb 2004 21:05:53
Replied 19 Feb 2004 00:44:31
19 Feb 2004 00:44:31 David Bell replied:
I've had no response whatsoever from my post here, and I've not been able to resolve the problem via any other source.

So in the absence of any other information I'd have to advise against trying to install list-o-rama
Replied 19 Feb 2004 17:07:52
19 Feb 2004 17:07:52 Jono Jono replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
According to you docs it should have appeared under the 'insert/common' tab. But there's no such menu item, and it doesn't appear anywhere else so I can't access it to run it.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

In Dreamweaver MX 2004, go to the Window menu (up top) and select Insert (CMD + F2), which is the first item under the Window menu. This should bring up a small palette with a pull-down menu which should have "Common" selected by default. This is where the List-O-Rama plug-in "should" be located. If it is not there then you are indeed in a bit of trouble.

As for un-installing, try searching your Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 application folder for "List-O-Rama" or "Rama" etc. and drag what ever it may find into the trash. If List-O-Rama was properly installed, it should show up in your search results. After dragging the items to your trash, log out of OS X and log back in. See if that fixes your problem. If everythings OK after starting up Dreamweaver again, go ahead and empty your trash.

Reply to this topic