Forums

This topic is locked

Creating Client Login and Password

Posted 17 Feb 2004 23:12:58
has voted
17 Feb 2004 23:12:58 Jennifer Miller posted:
One of my company's is a video production company. They want to provide a client login and password so their clients can login in and view certain pages within the website.

My hosting provider will allow me to create password protected directories within the site itself. But when I do that a box pops up prompting user name as password. I want that to be captured from the main screen.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. www.videosync.cc/index2.htm

Also the template I used was editable only in Fireworks - so I edited it and then saved it as a .htm file. When I opened it in Dreamweaver and edited it and posted to the web - it is not taking up the whole screen it is showing a big white area all around. How do I fix this?

Jen
Webmastering since 1994

Jennifer Miller

Replies

Replied 18 Feb 2004 14:50:44
18 Feb 2004 14:50:44 Dave Thomas replied:
you dont need password protected directories in order to create pages that only logged in visitors can see.

if your hosting provider supports the use of ASP and ODBC databases such as Access etc.. then you build the whole login system using Dreamweaver. (thats the way most of us do it, so i cant personally help you with the prompt box)

whitespace? if you mean the 10px whitespace border around the image then this is because you have not set the margin properties in the html or css sheet.

Left & Top should be set to 0, but you will still get whitespace. I'm looking at the page in 1024x768, so i have a whole load of whitespace.
If you want to change this then set a background colour in the html/css and centre your image template.

Webmastering since 2000

Regards,
Dave

[DWMX 2004]|[FlashMX 2004 Pro]|[Studio MX 2004]|[SQL]|[Access2000/2002]|[ASP/VBScript]|[XP-Pro]
If you like online gaming, please register @ www.nova-multigaming.com

Reply to this topic