Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Posted 25 May 2004 13:22:28
has voted
25 May 2004 13:22:28 Richard Georgiou posted:
Hi DMXZone,

First I'd like to say a big thank you to Vince who gave me the information I needed about Access or MS MQL... I've now reduced my DB size down to about 120KB !! and things are mostly speedy!

I am having one major issue though.. Everything was going well whilst I was using my locally attached (100Mb/sec) testing server running Win2k Server... I have now uploaded my site up to the live server and am having a problem with the error Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

The page in question is the home.asp page (www.atukv.co.uk/home.asp) which basically runs the following SQL in a recordset to get the total amount of minutes flown.

SELECT (sum(datepart('h',FlightDuration)*60 + (datepart('n', FlightDuration)))) as Total_Minutes
FROM Table1
ORDER BY (sum(datepart('h',FlightDuration)*60 + (datepart('n', FlightDuration)))) DESC

(Thanks again to Vince!)

Sometimes the page loads in 1 second sometimes it takes 2 minutes and sometimes I receive the error:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/home.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Other pages that have the .ASP extension are also affected...

When it's going to fail down the bottom of the browser it sais: Opening Page: www.atukv.co.uk/home.asp... so presumably it must have got to the server so I'm thinking it can't be an issue with the internet somewhere...

My host has just said that "Scripts seem to be working"... Which I'm not overly happy with.

I know there is probably a timeout value that could be changed in IIS but is the most likely cause a server that can't cope with the work load?

thanks again (Vince!)

Richard Georgiou
Web Designer
richard at entity7.com

Replies

Replied 25 May 2004 14:43:48
25 May 2004 14:43:48 Vince Baker replied:
First of all, great looking site!

I find it strange that this is an intermittant error, for this reason I would doubt that you have a problem with your page. However, when you say it takes 1 second one time and 2 mins another, are you querying the database with exactly the same values? For example, are you selecting the same user etc when nothing has changed?

You should also check that you are closing your db connections, basically, check that at the foot of your page after the html tag that for each recordset you have added to the page there is a closing action. (if these are missing, you should see a red exclamation mark next to the recordset in MX anyway)

Here is a link to microsoft support that details how to change iis but again, if this is working fine one minute and then not the next I would look at the server rather than you pages....and I would not really want to change the IIS settings unless you know that you are calling a hugh amount of data from the db (which you are not).

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q268/3/64.asp&NoWebContent=1

Regards
Vince

DMX Talkzone Manager

Visit my home: www.chez-vince.com
(Now completely CSS based and bye bye to all tables!)

VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | Hosting
Replied 25 May 2004 15:07:36
25 May 2004 15:07:36 Richard Georgiou replied:
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the kind words!

I think I'll wait for a week as my host has just upgraded from Win2k to Win2003... If the situation has not improved I'll seriously consider a dedicated server from one&one..

Thanks for the v fast reply... As always - You're a star!

Rich

Reply to this topic