Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

scroller slider

Asked 19 Oct 2004 19:25:37
has this question
19 Oct 2004 19:25:37 Nathan Querido posted:
HI Marja,

I have used the scroller on many sites and I think it's brilliant. one question though. I was wondering if I can scroll a certain amount and the scroller stops. Ideal it would work similar to your slide layer extension. Here's a very crude example of what I mean, using your slide layer extension: www.queridodesign.net/jmad/

I want to improve on this example, using scroller genie.

Thanks,
Nathan

Replies

Replied 19 Oct 2004 22:42:24
19 Oct 2004 22:42:24 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
You can already do that with the latest version of Scroller Genie (1.1.61).
For an example, see vertical scroller example 5 in the Scroller Genie online demo section.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 20 Oct 2004 03:30:27
20 Oct 2004 03:30:27 Nathan Querido replied:
Right, I had noticed that but how do I get the layer to slide to a certain position. In the demo, it jumps 150px without sliding and when I experimented with anchors, the scroller wouldn't jump a certain amount of pixels onClick. Maybe I need to experiment some more, because this would be ideal in this situation. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, and I imagine this would go on the wish list but a cool feature would be that if you inserted a back and forth arrow as in the example I posted earlier (without a thumb/slider), then the if the scroller is at the beginning, then the left arrow is hidden and if the content is scrolled to the end, then the forth or right arrow is hidden. In fact, how much would you charge to build such a feature in? I have no problem paying for such a feature (if this is something you would do) and have it added to the next update, if you think other developers would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Nathan.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You can already do that with the latest version of Scroller Genie (1.1.61).
For an example, see vertical scroller example 5 in the Scroller Genie online demo section.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 20 Oct 2004 09:51:49
20 Oct 2004 09:51:49 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
I understand now that you want the scroller to 'slide' to a certain position (e.g. an anchor) and not 'jump' there.
At this point Scroller Genie can not do that, I'm sorry.
There have been more requests for 'sliding' instead of 'jumping', so I will look into this for some next release.

As for the disabling/hiding of the back/forth controls: I would need to think about that.
Please contact me off-list if you're really interested in such a feature.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl

Reply to this topic