Creating a Photo Gallery with Flash and XML: Pt.II Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Transitions

Reported 01 Feb 2005 05:46:04
has this problem
01 Feb 2005 05:46:04 Mike Scherenberg posted:
I downloaded your code and it worked perfectly. Very good job. I'm not too familiar with Image Galleries and was wondering if it's possible to add a fade, spin or other special effect between images. Is something like this possible to be read form XML file too?

Thank You,
Mike Scherenberg

Replies

Replied 01 Feb 2005 06:42:57
01 Feb 2005 06:42:57 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hello Mike

Thanks for the post. Is there a bug you're concerned with in the code for the tutorial? For some reason, your post has ended up in the bugs section.

It's certainly possible to create transitions between the photos. Check out my gallery at www.sasjacobs.com for an example of fade in and fade out between photos.

You can include the settings for the transition in your XML file, but you'll need to create the transitions by extending the MovieClip class and using that in your photo gallery.

Cheers

Sas
Replied 02 Feb 2005 03:43:24
02 Feb 2005 03:43:24 Mike Scherenberg replied:
Oops I don't know how this ended up in bugs. There definitely are no bugs. That is exactly what I am looking for as seen in your gallery. Would you mind sharing the source code. Also instead clicking next, can the image gallery automatically scroll through all pictures. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Mike

Reply to this topic